2006年7月25日火曜日

A Tough Time with Miss Universe

I tried hard to figure out what was particularly beautiful about the new Miss Universe and other contestants. But I failed.

Looking at a picture of these tall ladies unformly with heavy makeups and unnaturally large mouths, I wondered if I had a twisted sense of beauty. Because I found none of them particularly beautiful.

The word I came up with those ladies was plastic. They simply looked so unnatural.

Well, I feel the same way whenever I see the pictures of party celebs on a newspaper or a magazine. They look so unreal and intimidating.

I am sure someone would tell me that I am not normal because I cannot find beauty in whom or what many people find beautiful.

But the sense of beauty is highly subjective. I feel that conforming such a basic sense to the mass or so-called authorities may be the beginning of loss of my freedom...

1 件のコメント:

Ana-chan さんのコメント...

i def liked miss Japan. In my opinion she should have walked away with the crown.. but I am not on the judging panel... am I?