2006年7月30日日曜日

The Most Annoying One?

I often felt annoyed about the people who dared to do what I would not do.

But actually what they did were very tiny things. They simply set off the moral alert inside me that "Why do they dare to do while I am enduring the pain?"

However, the only reason why I endured the pain was my moral pride. I just wanted to feel "I am better than they." We try to keep our pride to feel good but this pride often betrays us by making us furious.

I am less annoyed by anyone these days. By allowing me to do the little mischief I did not dare to do before, I feel much freer and it is much easier for me to understand my former offenders.

I only kept moral pride so that I could cover up the war that was going within me. I do not need such pride anymore after signing a truce with myself. Then it is a lot easier to behave as I want without being naughty...

Actually, the most annoying one to me was myself...

-------------------------------------
I will be away from my PC for a week from tomorrow. I'll be on a vacation in the Golden Triangle, northern Thailand...

3 件のコメント:

QUASAR9 さんのコメント...

Another golden nugget of wisdom.
It is all about how we react to things, sometimes things no matter how trivial or how horrific should not concern us. Then again we should not use that as an excuse not to care. If things don't affect us, if they don't cause feeling & emotion - then how are we to experience the beauty and good things in life.

Leave a hi or comment at my place sometime, even if you are not interested on the post content - for I'm pretty sure it is not double dutch to you, unlike your post would be to me, were you not kind enough to post in english too.

Have a great holiday.

Peter Yokoyama さんのコメント...

Thanks, Q! You added a plutinum nugget of wisdom to my blog space...

Ana-chan さんのコメント...

enjoy the triangle! I am heading out to Thailand some time in the next 2 weeks myself.. only for a weekend though :(

And be proud, ones own morale is usually the reason for pride. Only a few realise this.. and only some have actually such morale/principles to be proud of.