2006年3月12日日曜日

A Tramcar Named Happiness



I often wander into a branch line of a railway in my dream. I usually get off the trunk line train by mistake and find a short branch line train waiting at a platform. I hop onto it anyway.

The train is comprised of a few wooden trams, usually two. It runs slowly, making low noises that are somewhat like groan. The inside of the tram is quite dark as there are only a few primitive light bulbs for lighting. The floor is made of wood and well-polished. It gives off slight smell of wax. It is indeed an old train but it gives me a very comfortable feeling.

Yes, it is the kind of train that I took to the nearby cities with my parents before getting into kindergarten, where much of innocence was lost. So it is a view of bliss for me. It reminds me that I also had happy child days before it was taken away by teachers...

Then what does it mean to me now? In my dream, I take the train as a grown-up man and not entirely nostalgic. I know that the branch line represents something relevant to today's me.

Although I've taken the train by mistake and I have no idea where the h-ll it'd take me, I enjoy the unexpected way that things go on unfolding. I love the pastoral scenery. I also find the slow speed of the train quite comfortable. Does it mean that I've been astray from the mainstream but I am still on a right track that would lead me to happiness? I hope so.

0 件のコメント: