2006年3月14日火曜日

Tibetan Medicine (1) - Discovery


I have been taking the most horrible and weird medicine I have ever experienced in my lifetime. I recently found a cardboard box full of that medicine in a pile of garbage I was cleaning up. Well, I do not recommend you take medicine that someone has thrown away. But it was the kind of medicine I wanted and it had more than half a year before expiry...

It is called Bu Shen Wan or "Kidney Replenishment Ball" made in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China. As this medicine's has a bilingual - Tibetan and Chinese - package, its recipe should be of the Tibetan origin, even though Ningxia is actually quite far from Tibet.

Tibetan medicine. Exotic isn't it? Tibet has a long tradition of its own medicine developed on the basis of Indian medicine and it has been quite popular in China these days. Perhaps, some Han Chinese accept Tibetan medicine in the same way as some Westerners try Chinese medicine for persistent chronic disease...

Well, as some of the most precious herbs for Chinese medicine come from Tibet, it could be much easier for Han to try Tibetan medicine than Westerners do bitter and weird Chinese potion.

I will tell you more about this mysterious medicine tomorrow again...

0 件のコメント: