2006年3月16日木曜日

Tibetan Medicine (3) - Initiation


It says "slightly fishy." Slightly???

After I opened the plastic capsule of Bu Shen Wan, I immediately knew why its packaging was so excessive, and why a cardboard box full of these balls (more than 80!) was thrown away.

As I removed thin aluminum foil from the sticky brownish ball, I felt as if I'd smelled raw sewage. It was so revolting that neither Norwegian lutefisk, Laotian pa daek, Japanese kusaya, even Chinese smelly tofu, nor any stinky food you could name seemed to be no match to Bu Shen Wan.

Well, then I had to put this sewage-flavoured ball in my mouth. For it was large enough to choke a horse, I decided to chopping it up in small pieces and gulp down with warm water. While chopping, overwhelmed with the odour, I had teary eyes as if I had been slicing an onion.

When I put those pieces into my mouth, I felt as if I had taken a bite of a sewage system. More tears came out of my eyes and my throat and stomach tried with all their might to prevent the inflow of this alien object.

But why is it so stinky?

I checked the ingredients of the medicine and felt another revolt in my stomach. It was made of testicles of horse, bull and ram, penises of donkey and deer, and some common Chinese herbs.

However, I already took the fourth doze of Bu Shen Wan last night. Even though I have to fight myself while taking it, it is so effective (especially for fatigue) that I feel like taking it again.


But I still need quite a lot of psychological preparation before taking it. It is quite much like asking a boss for a pay raise... And I am sick enough to do it every night. Well, I am sick so I need medicine, right? Please wish me get well soon!

1 件のコメント:

Peter Yokoyama さんのコメント...

Hi, Augustus.

Thank you for your concern.

You reminded me that I am actually abusing myself though I have been telling my depressed friends to cherish themselves. It is a big contradiction...

And thank you for saying I am a good person. I was surprised by your comment, as I’d lived as a super villain and a source of all evil for eight years in my childhood (because I could not run as fast as the Education Ministry’s guideline required). I still need healing…

Thank you again!