2006年3月15日水曜日

Tibetan Medicine (2) - Ecologist's Nightmare?


The packaging of this medicine is simply excessive. It comes in a box of a size bit larger than the modem used roughly ten years ago. In that box, there are eight small boxes of the size a bit smaller than a box of two golf balls. Then in each of smaller box, there is one ball of medicine placed in a plastic container. In such a big box, there are only eight balls of medicine that are smaller than ping pong balls. It should be an ecologist's nightmare. (But I soon discovered why.)

Anyway, the kidney medicine is highly prized in China as the people here think that kidney function affects sex a lot. So this Bu Shen Wan may be used as a gift (or bribe) to an important person... From the package, I can see it is luxrious medicine. Anyway, a luxury item should be in a ridiculously excessive packaging, and it is particularly true in this part of the world.

Although I have no sex problem (actually I want to cool myself down a bit), I have had kidney problems since I was a child. So when I picked up a cardboard box full of this medicine in a refuge room, I decided to take it.

When I took the first ball of Bu Shen Wan, I felt as if I had been in some kind of tribal initiation... It is definitely not as easy as gulping some aspirin pills. I will tell you about this initiation tomorrow.

0 件のコメント: