2006年5月1日月曜日

Step Back and Take a Wider Look

What agitates you isn't the world around you.
It's how you interpret what you see.
Step back and take a wider look.
You'll find that you've been just looking
At an extremely small part of the world around you.

See the right extreme with your right eye
At the same time the left extreme with your left eye.
You'll find the world actually is quite different
From what you saw a minute ago.

A narrow, fixed view agitates you
While a wider view allows you
Put down your heavy and painful burden
Of fear or anger...

I wrote this for reminder to myself. But I want to share it with you because the healing power of panoramic (peripheral
) view is so great...

Tags: , , ,

2 件のコメント:

David さんのコメント...

This is a great exercise. I subscribe to yoga journal and remember an article about eye asanas, in which you do exactly what you described: look to the 3 o'clock position, then 9 o'clock; then 4, then 10, and so on... It can make your eyesight better, I heard.

Peter Yokoyama さんのコメント...

Thanks Dave! I did not know that yoga had the same technique... I learned it at an NLP seminar. (My trainers spent a night for this in a 2-wk seminar.)

Well, NLP is a hodgepodge of relaxation skills...