2006年4月30日日曜日

Jung and Sailor Mercury

I am now reading Jung's Flying Saucers. Although it is definitely not an easy read and is somewhat hypnotic, I enjoy his explanation about UFOs... He says that they are modern myths (projections of unconscious minds both collective and individual) with technological cover-ups. He is a sceptic. So am I.

And quite surprisingly, I found a clue to why I saw Sailor Mercury so often anywhere I went a few months ago even though Sailor Moon had already been a thing from past. (See my previous post: Wisdom Seen in Sailor Mercury dated on 21 March 2006)


According to Jung, the Roman god Mercurius (Mercury) is a "bringer of healing." As I have started feeling that healing has been taking roots in my soul, I feel it very logical that Sailor Mercury appeared to me to tell me that I was being healed...

But why is it not male Mercurius but female Sailor Mercury? It's quite simple. For I am a heterosexual man, I want healing coming from a female figure, as I think healing is especially effective when it comes in a romantic way. And Sailor Mercury is indeed very close to my anima figure (she looks quite much like my dream girl), a short haired woman with a quiet determination...

My anima figure also matches Jung's description about mercury, the metal. Mercury is metal and liquid at the same time. It changes its shape almost freely. A boyish girl is like this; she flexibly shows both of her female and masculine sides... I find this kind of woman the most fascinating...

The combination of Jung and Sailor Mercury sounds very ridiculous for a 37-year-old man but anyway, healing of a mind often comes in a very absurd fashion...

Anyway, our unconscious minds often try to reach our conscious minds in a very enigmatic ways...

Tags: , ,

1 件のコメント:

High Power Rocketry さんのコメント...

: )