2006年5月16日火曜日

Eruption of School Trauma Prevented

I'm back now! (Has anyone waited for my coming back?)

Well, after finishing an urgent translation assignment by 11 p.m. last night, I tried to fill this space. But I could hardly write any word. Although I usually handle a US$100 translation job within a few hours without tiring myself, yesterday's work truly exhausted me.

I first had no idea why it drained so much energy from me. It was a copy of a primary school student's secret dossier kept by the school. Although I had to do some complicated formatting, the document hardly contained any difficult word or technical term... But it exhausted me much more than a legal document, which is supposed to be a lot more difficult than this simple dossier.

Upon completion of this job, I first felt extreme fatigue for a while. Then I suddenly felt very agitated. I wanted to rant but did not know about what. My wife said I felt agitated because of the stress the job had given me. Maybe. But I did not have a clue.

Then I happened to stare the document. I knew the reason now. It was a document from a primary school! But as I had been too much preoccupied by the deadline of the job, my conscious mind did not think about my horrible primary school days, in which my sense of belonging to my native community and nation (Japan) was utterly destroyed, and I managed to keep that to humanity... (I almost cry whenever I see the films or read anything about China's Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution because my teachers treated me in the way that the Red Guards did to so-called anti-revolutionaries...)

Well, it actually was my unconscious mind (who often manifests in the likeness of cute Sailor Mercury with the name Artemis/Phoebe) that kept the bad memory from eruption. She indeed did a very good job so that my reputation as a translator would not be tainted. But she had to endure the pain triggered by school trauma while I translated the dossier.

So I ranted a bit because she wanted to let off the steam. Then I went to bed, closed my eyes and thanked my sweet Artemis/Phoebe for helping me always...

2 件のコメント:

David さんのコメント...

You sound doubtful and slightly shaken, Peter. You have to keep on making your noise in the world, no matter who is listening.

Peter Yokoyama さんのコメント...

Dave: Thanks for your encouragement. Yes, you're right. I have been quite doubtful about my creativity these days.

Yes, I am shaken. Quite a lot. But I know I am shaken by an urge that comes deep inside of me that I can advance into the Brave New World. I still don't know what it is but I certainly know that it's brewing in my heart. And this kind of "brewing" often takes so much energy...

Anyway, thank you for visiting!