2006年5月6日土曜日

My Foo-bar Spirituality

It said that I might be surprised by the kinship among Christianity, Islam and Judaism, and that between Buddhism and Hinduism. It did not surprise me at all.

But how far away I have come from Christianity did. I was only 34% compatible to this Messianic religion with which I still identify myself (to a much lesser degree than 10 years ago, though). The score was even lower than with Islam and Judaism, which I feel very unfamiliar to.

This is the result of a test about which religion is the most compatible to my spiritual attitude. I took this test this morning just because I received an email from an online personality testing company when I happened to be darn bored by today's translation assignment.

It asked a lot about morality, God and the life after death. I guess the reason why I scored a

very low compatibility to Christianity is that I am not interested in what happens after I die, and that I like to find spirituality in everyday life rather than a supernatural plane. So I scored high with Buddhism; I was 71% compatible to this Eastern religion.

And I scored a percentage point higher with Neo-paganism than Buddhism. I virtually have no idea about Neo-Paganism... (Is it Wicca?) But I understand this because I have developed an extremely personal cult of Artemis/Phoebe in the past few years...

But the highest score I got was with Unitarian Universalism (80% compatible). Well, it did not surprise me because many Jung fans and modern Gnostics are said to be comfortable with UU.

Or I perhaps scored highest with UU because my test result was so foo-bar (f--ked up beyond any recognition) that any other religion could not be recommended to me than the UU mixture of everything...

But I feel now I know one of the reasons why I've had severe depression... I simply did not know

myself. How can a sex maniac like me be truly happy with Jehovah? Well, I might behave but it could only be out of fear of punishment.

But Jesus is already too familiar for me to ignore. I guess my foo-bar spirit is the most compatible to A Course In Miracles (ACIM), the Zen that Gnostic-like Jesus spoke to an American psychologist in 1970s...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finding Your Religion by Rev Scotty McLennan of Unitarian Universalist Association was especially helpful when I found myself drifting away from Lutheranism and felt sinful... You can indeed choose the religion suitable to you. Click the thumbnail for more info about this extraordinary book. (Available at amazon.com. Please click here or the thumbnal at the top of this post for details/purchase.)

Tags: , , ,

0 件のコメント: