2006年2月25日土曜日

That's Really Enough...

You don't always have to own what you love.
-- Lin Xi 林夕(a Hong Kong lyricist)

Owning will soon create the fear of loss.
So even though I know that you'll never be mine
I am not disappointed.
Because I don't own you
Your beauty and grace is always with me.

I always keep seeing you dance free,
My dear Artemis...

I feel I'm very lucky to share at least
This earth with you.
That's really enough...

I like Lin Xi's name. I've only recently found why he uses the mainland Chinese Pin Yin romanisation for his name, even though it is extremely rare for a Hong Konger to write his name in Pin Yin. Pin Yin is a key to decode his rather mysterious name...

If (Lin) is written above (Xi), it'll make 梦 (meng), a simplified Chinese character (which is rarely used in Hong Kong) that means "dream." So he's encoded a dream in his name.

1 件のコメント:

JOEPSC さんのコメント...

Hi, Peter,

A very nice piece. It's a philosophical truth in poetic beauty.

Striving to own the things we love can be very stressful and painful. Having owned those things, we would be conditioned to be possessive and fearful of losing them.

So, being close to the objects of love should be enough.