2006年2月8日水曜日

Seeing Christ in Everyone...But...

Is seeing Christ or Buddha in everyone a way to peace of mind?

I believe so. I at least want to believe so. Through this faith I can know that everyone on the earth, including me, is forgiven. If every human being is sacred, everyone's dignity shall be respected.

It is easy for us to see Christ or Buddha in Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. or Gandhi. But can we see Christ in Hitler? It confuses me a lot.

I know that many Germans saw Christ in him at the rise of the Third Reich. But can survivors of Holocaust see Christ in him? Can survivors of the Killing Field see Buddha in Pol Pot?

And I also have to ask myself: is it a right thing for us to see Christ or Buddha in these evil people? They acted just like avatars of Satan and destroyed so many lives.

Should we think that some people are destined to be saved and others are destined to be damned? It sounds very dangerous to me…

Where has evil come from? What is evil, by the way? I still do not know but I believe it is worth pursuing the answer so that we can be sure that everyone is forgiven...

1 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Dear Peter,
Maybe you can find your answer by reading White Eagle's works.
Love, Veronika