2006年6月13日火曜日

Struggiling...

I am still struggling with The Rise And Fall Of The Third Reich. I have read around 600 pages (to the breakout of the World War II) in three weeks and I still have almost same number of pages to go. Probably I would not finish reading it by the end of this month as my reading speed has decreased greatly...


Since this book is indeed full of valuable lessons, I do want to read it through. But it is tough to read on as the lessons are of counter-professors'. It is filled with the dark side of the mankind and I am sure it would not leave me feeling happy when I finish it.

I usually read it just before going to bed. Well, it is the most convenient time to read. However, I have started to wonder if loading the negative memories of our species before sleep would affect my mental and physical health... Since I started reading this, I have not seen a pleasant dream. I guess my unconscious mind has had a hard time digesting the dark history fed every night...

So I am now thinking about returning this book to the library and free myself from the Nazi history for a while. I want to read something that makes me feel happy... And after I feel better, I will face the dark lessons again...

0 件のコメント: