2006年6月15日木曜日

The Smell of Death


A flame raging and high
Rushed into my nose
And burnt the hair inside.
It left me with no pain
But with unpleasant odour
Of burnt protein.

It's the odour that I smelt
Passing by a crematorium
Many years ago.
It may be the smell of death that
Smoking would bring me...

To my sweet Goddess of Moon
Swore I a long time ago
That I wouldn't bring a cigarette
To my mouth again.

But alas, my weak will has
Continuously broken my oath.
O! My Goddess of Moon so sweet!
Please give me power of will
By turning your face to me!

But alas, how much well I know
You'd not turn your face so graceful
To mine with stinking mouth!
I know the flame into my nose
Indeed was your warning!

Have mercy on me,
My Goddess of Moon so sweet!

Give me power of will to quit smoking!
Give me hope,
That I can see you again someday!


My nose got burnt when I tried to light a cigarette today... The flame of cigarette lighter was unexpectedly high. It left me feeling very very stupid...

2 件のコメント:

Shining Love Pig さんのコメント...

Crumbs, I started reading that just as I took the first puff of a cigarette...

...I too am the victim of a careless episode with a lighter. I burned off my eyelashes one reckless night at university...silly me...

JOEPSC さんのコメント...

I had that problem too in the good old days. To be safe, get the "filament" type of lighter...flameless and safe.

However, quite somoking if you can, for your Goddess of Moon.
Btw, very nice poem you have!