2006年6月9日金曜日

The Greatest Invention of the Mankind

When I woke up this morning, I felt I had to agree about one thing with Mr. Lee Kwan Yew, the founding father of Republic of Singapore.

I forgot stopping air conditioner when I went to bed and I felt just great when I woke up this morning. I felt Mr. Lee is indeed right: The air conditioner is the greatest invention of the mankind!

It is awfully hot and humid in Hong Kong these days. The temperature often stays around 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) even at the late night but I usually turn off air-con just before going to bed. I don't know why I do this. Perhaps I unconsciously do not want to receive an eye-popping power bill for sleep that looks like the ultimately unproductive activity. And I usually have a horrible morning. I feel as if I had run at least 10 kilometres when I get up every morning these days...

But sleep is a very important recreation activity both for a body and a soul. A body can have a deep rest, freed from the conscious mind. And unconscious mind can act more freely in the form of dream, also freed from the tyranny of conscious mind.

So I have actually treated my body and my sweet unconscious mind (who appears in my dream in form of Sailor Mercury) quite badly for a few hundred Hong Kong dollars (approximately a few dozen US dollars) a month! Maybe my horrible fatigue in the morning is their rebellion for my nightly torture to them...

I know I can easily afford this amount of money so I am going to sleep with the air-con on so that I can make my body and unconscious mind happy. Sleep is indeed so important. Actually, I often get an idea for what I write here while I am asleep...

2 件のコメント:

Ana-chan さんのコメント...

There's only one thing better in life then sleep.. and it's not sex! It's the dreams we have while we're sleeping!
:)

JOEPSC さんのコメント...

It's a blessing to be able to sleep, and sleep in comfort...if the comfort level is not there, sleep can be a torture..and maybe nightmare follows!