2006年6月16日金曜日

I've Set Myself Free...For a While...

I returned Shirer's The Rise And Fall Of The Third Reich today to the library. As I had read to the end of Book 3 on Wednesday, I felt it was the right place to stop for a while. I feel very well now.

For I am from a former Axis country that seems to have failed to learn a grave lesson from the WWII (i.e. Japan), I have always felt it is my responsibility to continue learning about the modern history. But this book was a bit too heavy for me now...

The language itself was not a problem. It was not too hard to go on reading because a history book has a very natural flow of story... But this book contained almost only the dark side of humanity. I spent almost all my free time reading this book in the past three week and it dragged my soul so much and I literally felt sick. (I had a digestion problem... It's very suggestive, huh? I could not digest too much evil at one time.)

So I had to set myself free from this book for a while. And I am now feeling how much negative impact the concentration on dark story can bring to my body. Next time, I will have to think how to keep myself from plunging too much into the book.

0 件のコメント: