2006年6月19日月曜日

Cogito And Beyond

Cogito ergo sum -- I think therefore I am.

It may be one way of understanding ourselves.
But it cannot explain so many things about me...

Why do I like cats more than dogs?

Why do I like Thai rice better than Japanese rice
even though I was born and grew up in Japan?

Why does long curly hair turn me off
while short boyish hair turns me on?

Why do moths frighten me
while I can easily pick up cockroaches?

Why do I find leotarded women so sexy
while I don't find lingerie attractive?

Why am I an individualistic cosmopolitan
while my father's clan is almost neo-Fascist?
(Well, perhaps I became a cosmopolitan
because I did not like neo-Fascism...)
....

Especially, liking and tastes are beyond cogito...

Maybe these things can be explained by extremely deep and long
cogito but actually they had been my attributes even before I started thinking about these.

So I am
cogito and beyond. And this beyond is so huge and so deep that I suppose if it should be written that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. (Amen!)

I know I don't have to write down of every aspects of my
beyond cogito. I know my wife would be even more nagging if I did this because our flat is as small as 500 sq. ft. (Space is indeed so precious here in Hong Kong.) And I don't have enough time for this enormous venture, either.

Well, actually I feel if I wrote down every attributes of me, it'd only greatly limit what I am. The beyond cogito can take care of itself while working for me.

But I feel due attention to the beyond cogito is the key to the peace of mind. Because it is an inseparable part of me but usually ignored...

0 件のコメント: