2006年6月25日日曜日

Love Is Indeed Beyond Cogito

I would like to share a picture of illuminated ice sculptures from Harbin 哈爾濱, China with all the people suffering from heat like me...

It is awful hot here in the southern tip of China. Hong Kong Observatory 香港天文台 has issued Very Hot Weather Warnings already for a few days in a row. So have more than 60 municipalities in the neighbouring Guangdong province 廣東省 and Macau 澳門...

And I have been suffering from this weather. Although I had a lot job to do last night, I gave up around midnight as my brain almost melted down. The hot weather is almost like my nemesis and that makes me think that I may be a reincarnation of a Siberian Husky (I generally do not like dogs but I find these huge sled dogs stunningly beautiful) even though my grandfather told me that I had been a cat in my past life, and I had been a beheaded monk in a past-life therapy...

I remember my visit to the winter Harbin in the former Manchuria a few years ago. It was 20 degrees below zero Celsius and the sunshine was only bright and without any heat I could sense. But I walked and walked around with joy. My skin was so tight and my thought was so clear. I felt as if I had come back home.

Another cool place pic. I took this on a night train from Beijing 北京 just half an hour before arrival to Harbin at 6:30 in the morning. The 12-hour travel was very comfortable.

I love the cold weather. I loved to live in Minneapolis a decade and half ago and later went back there for a visit in the middle of winter! But I chose this subtropical city as my home (and became a citizen here, too!) instead of Minneapolis or Harbin. So I experience some meltdowns every summer.

One more pic from the winter northeast China. Somewhere in Jilin province 吉林省 on a cheap express train between Harbin and Shengyang, Liaoning province 遼寧省瀋陽. A middle-aged conductor was so friendly that I'll remember him for the rest my life...

It is very illogical for me to live in such a hot place. But I love Hong Kong. I don't exactly know what makes me love this city but I just felt it would become my home when I visited here more than a decade ago. And I have lived here for ten years already. I again feel that love is indeed beyond cogito...

But this hot weather makes me feel like cheating on Hong Kong and looking for a cool mistress... (But it's awful hot in Minneapolis and Harbin in summer, though...)

0 件のコメント: