2006年4月15日土曜日

The Lilies Instead of the Thorns

Offer your brother the gift of lilies, not the crown of thorns; the gift of love and not the “gift” of fear. You stand beside your brother, thorns in one hand and lilies in the other, uncertain which to give. Join now with me and throw away the thorns, offering the lilies to replace them. This Easter I would have the gift of your forgiveness offered by you to me, and returned by me to you. We cannot be united in crucifixion and in death. Nor can the resurrection be complete till your forgiveness rests on Christ, along with mine.
- A Course In Miracles (ACIM), Chapt. 20, I, Para. 2, Verses 5-10

2 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Nice post, Peter, and yes, forgiveness is necessary to rid the heart of malice.

Btw, are the advertisers paying for the space you mentioned?

Peter Yokoyama さんのコメント...

This is said to be words of Jesus recorded by a Columbia University professor... I love this book.

I think they are paying to Google. Fundamentalist Christian organisations are so much well-funded, anyway...