2006年4月2日日曜日

Nausicaä in Cantonese


I don't know how many times I've watched Hayao Miyazaki's Nausicaä of the Valley of the Winds. But I am now watching it once again. My wife is still at work so I don't have to worry about being scolded by her for watching the same movie over and over again.

Although I perfectly understand the original Japanese versions, I always choose to watch Miyazaki's animes in Cantonese. One reason is that Hong Kong voice artists talk much more natural than Japanese ones, who tend to speak more like stage drama actors.

And the other reason is that I love Hong Kong women's boyish way of speech. They speak in a much lower voice than most other Asian women and such a voice is just perfect for a character like
Nausicaä, a warrior princess with quiet determination.

Well, I love most of Miyazaki's works because his heroines are mostly in line with my dream girls. Perhaps he has an anima figure close to that of mine. And his works might be so popular because the world as a whole has the collective dream girl close to Miyazaki's heroines... Then I might not be as much deviant from the mainstream culture as I've thought... And it may be a good news.

1 件のコメント:

Ana-chan さんのコメント...

wow. What a nice way of explainng the voice differences (JPN vs Canto)!
I so agree, but never really thought about it!
This is fab.. thanks for opening my eyes(ears) to something so obvious!!!