2006年11月22日水曜日

Thank you, Mirmo

I am quite embarrassed about confessing that I love Mirmo Zibang, a Japanese cartoon series mainly targeted for girls almost 30 years younger than I. These are certainly not the books for a middle-aged man like me.

But I feel this cartoon has given me so many precious things, let me tell you about this wonderful romantic comedy...

It is indeed a simple story. Kaede (Katie in the English version), an ordinary middle school girl with a pure heart fells in love with a classmate. But another girl called Azumi also likes the boy and she has hell of a lot confidence, which Kaede does not have much.

Both Kaede and Azumi have their partner fairies. While Kaede treats Mirmo, her partner as a close friend, Azumi exploits Yatchi, a ninja fairy like her servant...

I finally found the Thai version of Mirmo. Now I can share Mirmo's happy stories with my wife, too.

Azumi uses Yatchi's magic to keep Kaede away from the boy. Meanwhile, Kaede tries her best to approach the boy without Mirmo's help. She relies on Mirmo's help only when she is in danger...

So it is quite obvious that pure and good Kaede wins the boy's heart at the end...

Kaede and Mirmo are real friends who are in thou-thou relationship. They encourage and heal each other. Now I understand why Mirmo, a prince of fairyland became Kaede's partner. Although Kaede is an ordinary girl, she indeed has a noble heart. Anyway, they make me very happy.

I don't know why but whenever I read or watch Mirmo, I feel so much moved and sometimes even tears of joy well up in my eyes. I feel as if I could meet again a very precious friend after decades...

I guess Mirmo, the royal fairy is helping me to get in touch again with my inner child.

Thank you, Mirmo and Kaede!

1 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

I like Mirmo too, and I also have the manga