2006年11月19日日曜日

A Horror Exam...

One exam recently exhausted me so much. It was not mine and I was not so much nervous about that in the beginning. It was my six-year-old son's.

He was not nervous about the exam almost at all in the beginning and that made his mother extremely nervous. Since she cannot read any Chinese, she asked me to help him prepare for the exam...under her supervision! That made me extremely nervous.

I suffered from severe fatigue before and during the exam. My body ached so much, too. And these symptoms remained for a whole week even after the exam was over (i.e. until yesterday)...

Well, I will have to find a better way to assist him learn. I am trying to make learning a fun but have not been very successful. (But he is more willing to do his homework when I sit next to him and copy my Thai textbook...)

I don't know if I did so due to the stress from my son's exam, I ordered the first entire set of comic books in my whole life time in the middle of the exam period. I feel quite hesitant about telling all of you what I bought. I bought a 12-volume set of Japanese cartoon called Mirmo Zibang (ミルモでポン!/魔法小米路), a cartoon mainly targeted for the pre-teen to early teenage girls. (Scary, isn't it??)

But this series of cartoons is full of positive-thinking for the Win-Win-Win (Good for me, good for you and good for the world) situation... If you feel lonely or lost, I recommend you to read this series. You might feel happy. The entire series is also available in English from a Singaporean publisher.

Anyway, reading all the 12 volumes of Mirmo in a few hours, I felt Jung was right. Although fairy tales look childish, they certainly help the readers grow...

1 件のコメント:

Ana-chan さんのコメント...

hahah i guess singapore's good for something!